When purchasing a SaaS solution of any kind, it’s important to ensure that the solution isn’t creating cybersecurity risks or compromising user privacy. Most organization’s realize the importance of properly vetting their SaaS solutions, but there is often a blindspot when it comes to purchasing physical security solutions – and the results can be devastating.
Companies like Google, Halifax Health, Intel, Nissan, Cloudflare and Tesla have all been hacked via their physical security solutions, including security camera systems and physical access systems (PACS). These attacks can do irreparable damage to a company’s reputation, lead to a loss of customers and IP, and incur GDPR fines of up to $20 million.
At Ambient.ai, we take the security and privacy of our Platform as seriously as we take our mission to prevent every security incident possible. We have designed Ambient.ai with security and privacy in mind at every step of the way.
Security & privacy by design
Security solutions are ripe for cyberattacks, and in the wrong hands, security surveillance footage could be used to compromise an individual’s privacy – or worse. We have gone to great lengths to ensure security and privacy – from supporting secure logins to making the decision not to employ facial recognition anywhere in our Platform.
Below are just some of the measures we have taken to ensure the highest bar of security and privacy.
Security by design
- SOC2 Type II: Ambient.ai is SOC2 Type II certified, demonstrating a high-level of information security in five areas: security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy controls.
- Secure login: Ambient.ai supports secure multi-factor login and role-based controls, including support for all SAML and SSO integrations.
- Connections: Ambient.ai does not employ port forwarding and does not require inbound connections.
- Encryption: Ambient.ai encrypts data both at rest and in transit.
Privacy by design
- Privacy-sensitive: Ambient.ai does not store personal identifiable information (PII) and is GDPR- and CCPA-compliant.
- Responsible AI: No facial recognition is used by Ambient.ai’s software, and Ambient’s algorithms do not capture personally identifiable information when monitoring surveillance feeds. Individuals are simply identified as persons.
- Customer data: Raw data remains on the customer’s data centers. Only GIFs specifically related to alerts are sent to the cloud. Customers can destroy any data that Ambient.ai has access to at any time.
- Facial blurring: Facial blurring can be applied to surveillance feeds to further protect the identities of individuals.
Computer vision intelligence
Ambient.ai leverages computer vision intelligence to add near human levels of perception and real-time security awareness to security surveillance. With Ambient.ai, security teams are empowered to move from reacting to security incidents to proactively addressing potential threats before they escalate – meaningfully improving the organization’s physical security posture.
Our mission is to prevent every security incident possible, and while doing so, we also ensure that our Platform is hardened against cyberattack and privacy-aware. Improving your organization’s physical security shouldn’t impair your organization’s cybersecurity posture.