Managing PACS alarms can quickly become a headache for even the most vigilant physical security operators. If the sheer volume of alarms makes it difficult for you to filter through the noise and identify real threats, you’re far from alone.
Not only are many security teams wasting time and money chasing false alarms, but most operations are so inundated with non-urgent alarms that they struggle to identify the high-priority alarms that require a response. This leads to a troubling question: can security teams really claim to have control over access?
That’s where Ambient.ai and our access control integrations are here to free you from PACS alarm chaos and put control over access back in your hands again.
Ambient’s API integrations with Genetec, Avigilon, LenelS2, and CCure also empower security teams to become more proactive and efficient at threat detection and risk mitigation, and we’re excited to introduce you to them.
Continue reading to access demonstrations of our integrations and to learn more about the impact our integrations can have on your physical security posture.
The reality of PACS alarm management
Check out these stats: for every 500 doors…
- Thousands of PACS alerts can be generated per day
- 93%-99% of these alerts are false positives
- 8,000+ hours are wasted clearing false alarms per year
- Many urgent incidents are lost in this PACs alarm noise
When your operators spend countless hours verifying false positives and wading through staggering alarm frequencies on a regular basis, they’re likely to overlook or mask the stream of “door forced open,” “door held open,” “invalid badge,” and other access control notifications.
Operators are only human, and thorough human verification becomes nearly impossible with such high alarm volumes. Yet here’s the big, hairy problem: a lack of vigilance puts organizations at risk of exposing vulnerabilities and missing high-priority alerts.
So, where does that leave the average security team? You need 24/7 alarm management and site surveillance, but human capabilities only extend so far. Even outside of alarm fatigue, investing copious time and money into addressing non-urgent alarms drains resources that should be invested into proactive threat identification and response.
If one thing is clear, it’s that teams urgently need a more effective approach to alarm management beyond the current strategy.
Ambient.ai’s access control integrations
We currently integrate with the following major access control systems:
- Genetec x Ambient.ai
- Avigilon Unity Access x Ambient.ai
- LenelS2 Onguard x Ambient.ai
- CCure x Ambient.ai
Clicking the above links will direct you to comprehensive demos of each integration. Watch as we simulate different alarm scenarios and show how Ambient.ai helps with alarm management.
We’ve built API integrations with these systems to help your security team:
- Filter out the noise and focus on the most high-priority alarms
- Automatically acknowledge and then deprioritize less urgent alarms
- Identify threats that many access control systems would miss
- Form proactive responses to threats when needed
These integrations streamline your security workflow by equipping your security team with AI-powered threat detection capabilities and the functionalities of our Signals Intelligence product. Signals Intelligence automatically surfaces the most urgent incidents while auto-acknowledging and then clearing the thousands of low-priority alarms that operators receive.
When you pair your access control system with Ambient.ai’s advanced AI, you get an always-on operator who can automatically validate the urgency of every alarm the moment it’s fired, all while simultaneously reviewing the relevant camera stream.
Watch: Access control integration addresses “Door Forced Open”
Ready to see these integrations in action? Here, we’ll show you how Ambient’s integration with Genetec handles a low-priority “door forced open” alarm (DFO).
A DFO alarm is one of the most frequent alarms that operators face. Without a proper alarm management system, these alarms can quickly overwhelm your security team and distract from high-priority threats. Ambient’s access control integrations reduce this noise and direct your focus on the alarms that matter most.
Follow along as the integration addresses this low-priority DFO alarm. Or, watch the full video to see how the integration addresses all three alarm scenarios.
- While nobody is on the video stream and nobody will be forcing the doors open, an alarm will still be triggered when this DFO alarm is fired.
- Ambient immediately consumes this alarm event. The platform begins validating it by running AI-powered computer vision models on the applicable video stream in real time as the event occurs.
- Genetec marks this alarm as pending while Ambient automatically works to validate if this is an urgent alarm requiring immediate attention.
- Ambient then auto-clears the alarm because the AI detects that no people were present in the applicable camera stream and the door remained closed at the time the alarm was triggered.
- Ambient will automatically log the event, providing a reason why it auto-cleared the alarm right within Genetec. This can be extracted and reviewed at a later date.
Explore AI-powered PACS alarm reduction
Ambient.ai correlates PACS alerts and security camera streams with AI and computer vision intelligence to automatically determine which alerts are genuine, prioritize threats, and trigger immediate action from your security team.
Our platform delivers on several fronts:
- Auto-acknowledges all alarms, reviews and auto-clears non-urgent alarms
- Detects and raises urgent access control alarms instantly
- Provides additional, non-access control-related detection capabilities
- Helps you initiate a response within seconds
Our Fortune 500 customers see these results:
- 90%+ reduction in total access control alarms requiring attention
- 15,000+ hours saved each year with automatic alarm verification
- 10x faster real-time responses to legitimate threats
Explore how our AI-driven alarm reduction can enhance your operations.