MENLO PARK, CA – September 8, 2022 – Ambient.ai, the computer vision intelligence company transforming physical security, today announced new threat detection and response capabilities, including the ability to identify weapons like firearms and knives and the precursors to high-severity incidents like unauthorized entry and crowd commotion. The update adds 25 new behaviors to a threat detection library that now encompasses more than 150 threat signatures. With Ambient.ai automated threat detection security and operations teams are alerted to threats in real-time and can intervene before incidents escalate.
High-severity security incidents continue to plague organizations with 88% of businesses reporting a dramatic increase in physical threat activity compared to last year. Meanwhile, security teams lack the tools necessary to identify these high-severity threats and their early warning signs, and as a result are forced to react after the incident has already escalated. By automatically detecting high-severity threats (including person brandishing a firearm) as well as the precursors to security incidents (such as fence jumping, tailgating, and loitering), Ambient.ai provides security and operations teams with early warning signs – enabling 10X faster response times and helping prevent serious incidents altogether.
“High-severity incidents happen at a moment’s notice. Once a weapon is drawn, every second matters. When security teams are forced to react to security incidents after they escalate, they lose critical time in their response,” said Shikhar Shrestha, CEO and co-founder of Ambient.ai. “Ambient.ai employs a near-human level of perception to continually monitor for and detect threats and early warning signs. When detected, security teams are alerted instantly, enabling them to respond ten-times faster, prevent acts of violence, and achieve better security outcomes.”
Early indicators of high-severity incidents, including sudden egress, tailgating, perimeter breaches and more, enable security teams to intervene proactively and increase their ability to prevent escalation. In addition to identifying the presence of a firearm, the update enables enterprises to immediately detect 25 new threat signatures across six distinct categories:
- High-Severity: person brandishing firearm or knife, sudden egress with alarm activated
- Alarm Reduction: verify door held or forced open, invalid badge reading followed by tailgating
- Perimeter Control: person jumping fence, loitering after hours, unauthorized vehicle in secure area
- Health and Safety: person falling, large crowd forming, sudden egress
- IP and Asset Protection: unauthorized person in secure area, removing assets from secure area
- Unauthorized Access: person tailgating, entering through propped door, loitering outside secure door
“With hybrid work driving changing work patterns and needs, Impossible Foods’ commitment to security depends on focusing on legitimate security threats and minimizing alarm noise,” said Brian Kellmann, Director of Security Engineering & Infrastructure, Impossible Foods. “Since our rollout with Ambient.ai, we have been able to enhance our threat detection capabilities and reduce false alarms by over 97% – representing a significant enhancement in overall security for the company.”
For more information on the Ambient.ai computer vision intelligence platform and the new threat detection and response capabilities:
- Visit Ambient.ai at the Global Security Exchange Conference in Atlanta (Sept. 12-14) at booth #1651 and book a meeting with one of our experts.
- Register for Ambient.ai Demo Day on October 6 to see the latest threat detection & response capabilities first hand.
- Download the latest Ambient.ai whitepaper on Threat Detection & Response.
- Explore additional resources on the Ambient.ai website.
Ambient.ai is a computer vision intelligence company transforming enterprise security operations to prevent security incidents before they happen. The Ambient.ai platform applies AI and computer vision intelligence to existing sensor and camera infrastructure to deliver continuous physical security monitoring and automate the immediate dispatch of human resources. Ambient.ai is the first platform that goes beyond basic motion detection and image recognition to achieve near-human perception with automated situational context. To learn more about Ambient.ai and computer vision intelligence, visit Ambient.ai.
LaunchSquad for Ambient.ai